Tuesday, November 2, 2021

Hotwheels Chess!

HotWheels as a complete collection of cars as chess pieces, known as their CheckMate Series!  Several sellers on eBay offer the complete kit and custom chess boards.

As of 12/22 this picture is my current collection of this set in the boxes.




I acquired the entire collection!  They are out of the box and used, but a complete set...well kind of.  For the pawns there are four variants: the original VW Beetle, Ford 2012 Fiesta Rally, "Audacious", and "Fast 4wd".  What many people do is have all eight pawns matching; and often have multiple sets of pawns (IE one set of Beetles, one set of Fiestas, etc.).  I think I will limit myself to have two pawns of each style.  Except I am short two white "Fast 4wd" cars.  This also means I have extras pawns to sell off.  Six black beetles, six Audacious, etc. Unless I decide to just keep them, since I already have the "set" and getting them in the future would be difficult.







No comments:

Post a Comment